Tuesday, September 11, 2012

{Beauty Tuesday} Beef Up Your Brows

A good friend of mine generally refuses to date girls who don't have cute noses. The nose is the first thing he notices on a person, and he blames it on the fact that everyone in his family was blessed with the same cute nose (including him). Likewise, though my policy isn't quite as strict, I don't usually find myself attracted to men with terrible eyebrows. I tried explaining this to a different friend the other day and she told me it's just because I have such great eyebrows myself. To that I responded, "Yep. Probably!"

The natural shape of my eyebrows: looong, full, and cowlicked in the center
I'm proud of my eyebrows like a mother is proud of her son on graduation day after four long, tough years of spending more time smashing mailboxes than reading textbooks. I've mentioned before that my eyebrows caused me significant trouble until only a few years ago when I finally figured out how to manage them. I do still have a cowlick on both eyebrows that causes the hairs to stick out from my face and turn toward the bridge of my nose, but with a few minutes of extra care each day I'm able to make it look less like a wannabe-unibrow. Today I thought it'd be nice to spotlight the only desirable facial hair that could possibly grow on a young lady.


For the eyes, all you need is a quick swipe of mascara.

Using a flat slanted brush, fill in sparse areas with brow powder that matches or is one shade darker than your natural eyebrows. Please don't use black powder unless your eyebrows are actually black already. Even then, I suggest a dark brown powder. (Hint: You can use a matte or slightly shimmery eye shadow in the right shade, too.)

Dip a clean spoolie brush in a non-sticky, preferably water-based gel. You don't want anything with a super strong hold, because your eyebrows will look stiff and may flake...which is gross.

Use the spoolie to comb hairs into place. Always comb up and out, never down. Downward strokes drag your face down and make you look like a sad dog. Upward strokes lift and brighten your features. It's true - eyebrows make a huge difference on the way your entire face looks!

Finish with a dusting of soft pink or peach blush. Suck in your cheeks to find the hollow, and make strokes from your ear toward your mouth. Use a more narrow angled brush to contour instead of overwhelm (the big fluffy one can be saved for translucent powder all over your face).


Happy browsing...
wink.

P.S. Enjoy this song.

1 comment:

  1. I think your eyebrows are very beautiful. I think your one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. Your, well you seem to have it all figured out and that is beauty in and of itself. Thank you

    ReplyDelete