Wednesday, September 5, 2012

{Belated! Beauty Tuesday} Those Messy French



So sorry for yesterday's absence; I was dashing about town all the day long and my routine obligations completely slipped my attention. As today I also have many busy things to do, Beauty Tuesday will take the place of Wednesday's innate wedding (ahem. I already had my beauty post all planned out...and weddings take much more time than I have on my hands at the moment...).

As anyone who has followed my blog - or my life, for that matter - would know, I have had long hair and short hair and everything in between. During my junior year, my favorite style to throw my mid-length strands into was a French twist. It's classic and sophisticated, and a whole lot less complicated than most people expect. My good pal Brontë volunteered her gorgeous hair to model a messy version of this simple updo.

Begin with second-day hair in your natural texture.
 Brush hair out completely.
 Brush all hair to one side.
 Pin loosely into place.
 Gently tease hair toward bobby pins. When I say gently, I mean it! Use a light touch section by section and it'll give you rough texture all over instead of a clump in one spot.

 Hold all your hair together and roll in toward the center of your head. Tuck the ends inside the roll and pin into place. Yes, you'll probably need quite a few pins.
Make sure all the pins are hidden underneath the twist.
Brush lightly over each side of your head to smooth any weird bumps. You can pin the twist tighter to keep your head from looking oblong, but don't smash it down to your scalp. It should feel comfortable. Leave a few strands out to keep your style from looking too constricted.








Happy twisting!

No comments:

Post a Comment