Sunday, September 30, 2012

{Soulful Sunday} Ludovico Einaudi

Good evening! As anyone who looks at my Facebook page from time to time is probably aware, I'm currently working on learning to play a new song on the piano. I acquired the sheet music in May, but only this week did I actually sit down and start to rough out those notes that make up one of my favorite compositions, "I Giorni" by Italian pianist Ludovico Einaudi. Referred to me by a close friend some years ago, Einaudi's alternative classicism spoke to me and I've listened to just about every one of his pieces, which are as stunning as they are numerous.

In accordance with today's listening experience I would recommend plenty of uninterrupted time, a cool drink and noise-canceling headphones. A darkened room is preferable. I have found that most of Einaudi's compositions are best accompanied by a clear mind or one that desires to be cleared.


No comments:

Post a Comment