Sunday, August 26, 2012

{Soulful Sunday} The Civil Wars

       As a long-studied soprano, it was not brought to my attention until several months ago that I had next to no ability whatsoever to harmonize. This was extremely obvious come band practice, when I'd try and try and fail consistently to make our songs prettier and more put-together. After weeks of frustration, I vowed to improve. The first step in this process was to listen to artists who always created gorgeous harmonies. The very best that I've found of these is The Civil Wars. A folksy acoustic duet, these two have individually stunning voices that blend together flawlessly. If you ever need an example of vocal idealism, look no further. Add beautiful lyrics and elegantly understated instrumentals, and you have found romance. At least, I have.




Happy harmonizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment