Wednesday, August 22, 2012

{Wedding Wednesday} the Third

       I'm sure since last Wednesday you've been in an absolute panic, expecting me to readily announce the engagement of at least three of my closest friends. Guess what? No such luck. Our youth is still safe and sound. However, I've been really looking forward to designing a wedding this week. It's mightily soothing to my soul! Prepare yourself a nice cup of peppermint tea (it helps with tummyaches, if you didn't know) and enjoy. The playlist is especially good this time around.

The dress: Monique Lhuillier. I'm a sucker for allover lace, and this gown's simplified silhouette creates the perfect backdrop for a gorgeous floral overlay. Long-sleeved wedding dresses are increasingly more difficult to come by these days, and I believe they add a lovely sophistication to the piece.


The flowers: Pink and orange peonies. Bright, feminine, and vivacious, these precious blooms liven up the mood and provide a splash of excitement against an otherwise white layout. Could you ask for more?


The cake: A modern ombre cutout design gives the simplest cake a bit of an edge. Ahem. I'd lose the crab apples and stick on some of our pink peonies instead. Not to judge those who like crab apples on top of wedding cakes...

The playlist: Young and fun (yet quite palatable). That stunning dress needs to be injected with some energy, but we're not going to break out the dubstep and LMFAO just yet.
1. "I'll Be" by Edwin McCain
2. "Always On My Mind" by Phantom Planet
3. "Hey Mama" by Mat Kearney
4. "Build Me A Girl" by Andy Grammer
5. "Sympathique" by Pink Martini
6. "Iris" by Goo Goo Dolls
7. "Save The Last Dance For Me" by Michael Buble

Happy living!

1 comment: